Keeping consistent blog content has been hard up until this point. When discussing my blog with a colleague today, he mentioned the idea of daily theme’s. The idea seems good enough, have a theme for each day of the week. Since my blogs have a wide variety of topics, I think this would be a great idea to try out.
By setting a schedule it will be harder to always post as someday the inspiration might not be there for the theme. However, it does give a lot more focus, and can allow me to introduce topics I have been leaving out thus far.
Well here goes nothing, below my first iteration of topics for each day of the week.
- Monday; Discuss blog progress. How is blogging going in general, what have I learned last week, what do I want to accomplish next week.
- Tuesday; Personal development day. I always try to improve myself, each Tuesday I will share some things I learned or things I am trying.
- Wednesday; Projects. I have been working on several projects including this very website and building an Arduino air quality meter. I have found little time to write about them thus far.
- Thursday; Book club. Discuss a book I read, give a summary or discuss something I found in a book.
- Friday; Technical talks, or well, posts. A post discussing anything I encountered will performing my daily web development jobs. Tuning a PostgreSQL server, fixing node.js bugs, interesting frontend libraries, tools I use, etc.
- Saturday; Future day. Posts related to the interaction and integration of society, technology and people in the (near) future or sci-fi.
- Sunday; Wild card *. Sunday can be anything, as long as I don’t break the chain.
Tomorrow I will start by sharing something about personal development; The getting things done book and method and what I implemented for myself.